(Source: Funny Marathon Posters)
It’s the beginning of the end (of my last week of marathon training, that is). Oh, and happy Halloween.
So what do I do in the last 6 days before I run the biggest marathon in the world (eeek!)?
- Stay healthy. No injuries, no illness. I guess all I can really do here is eat well and not do anything out of the ordinary. And for some reason I’m telling myself that wearing jeans to work for most of the week will help, haha…
- Keep my legs loose. A few easy runs, nothing major. I plan to run 4-6 miles on Tuesday and maybe Thursday, and a 20 minute shake-out on Saturday.
- Eat well and hydrate. I already drink tons of water – I’ll try to maintain or drink a little more. Tasty and healthy meals are already planned and cooked for the week. And while I said at the beginning of the taper I wasn’t going to booze during the taper (lies, all lies… and failed on multiple occasions), I will hold up that deal this final week. (Famous last words).
- SLEEP. Lots and lots of sleep. Luckily, this is never really an issue for me. It just helps me to justify going to bed by 9:30 every night. Seriously.
- Try to contain my overwhelming excitement. This is easier said than done. I’m trying to give myself one fun marathon-related activity to do per day. Hopefully that will be enough to hold me over until the weekend. Or at least until the Expo.