I hate packing. HATE it. It never seems like it’s going to take nearly as long as it does. And here’s the kicker – I’m only moving like a mile away. I mean, it still requires a moving truck, etc. but still. It seems ridiculous that I’m not moving cross-country or something after all of this. Anywho, here’s the old kitchen that I’m packing ever so slowly…
Yes, that’s the entire kitchen. No, it’s not just a bad angle, haha.
So far I’ve been working at a pretty solid pace. Just moments ago I ran out of tape (again), so I figured that would be a natural time to stop for lunch. Lunch was delicious leftovers from yesterday’s super brunch and some roasted red pepper tomato soup. And tea, of course, white tea to be specific.
Here at this mid-day point, I’m also realizing I need to rearrange my agenda from this morning.
- Finish lesson planning, handouts, etc. for the rest of the week (Yikes – really can’t forget this one… may do it as a break from packing later in the afternoon).
- Buy necessary packing materials – DONE! Will need to get even more though.
- 10:30 brunch with friends Had to cancel
- 12:30 Bikram class (it’s about 3 miles away – I’ll run home from class to get a complete workout in): Must reschedule… hopefully can go to the 4:30 class. May do the run separately sometime after lunch.
- Packing, packing, packing
Well, I’m back to the packing with tea and music from the “Light Classical” cable station to keep me relaxed. (What’s the alternative to “light classical?” Metal classical? Techno classical? Think about that one…)
I’m getting so close that I’m already trying to think of the first meal I might make in my new kitchen… any suggestions?