I LOVE snow! We got a good bit of it here in NYC – I think the official measurement in Central Park was 11″. Husbo and I went to an Xmas party last night and left early to make sure we could get home in the event that the subways were delayed. They weren’t, but I was glad to come home pretty early. The highlight of the night was probably walking home with him in all the snow anyway
So after waking up this morning to beautiful snowiness, we went for a walk in the park across the street and it was GORGEOUS! We were walking for at least an hour. I love how quiet and calm everything is in the snow.
When we got back, I threw this crock pot soup together in preparation for a late lunch/early dinner.
Snow Day Crock Pot Soup
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cartoon chicken broth (or vegetable would work)
- 3 cans of beans (I used black beans, chick peas, and kidney beans)
- any random veggies you have on hand (I had half a bag of a pepper/onion stir fry blend that I tossed in)
- about 1 tbsp each: cumin, cayenne, chili powder
- about 2 tbsp cinnamon
- about 2.5 tbsp cocoa (this was my secret ingredient )
- a dash of Worcestshire sauce (I love the depth of flavor this lends)
Toss it all in the crock pot and leave it alone for a while. I set mine for 4 hours on low, and we wound up eating it after about 3 hours. It was soooo delishy. And disgustingly easy. It left me hands-free to make cookie dough all day – woohoo!