Back in the saddle today. I’m sitting at work trying to post this quickly before the rush begins. The rest of my sickie day was relaxed and restorative. I skipped yoga and took a nap instead, tried my first shot of wheatgrass, and cooked a great dinner.
I hit up a new grocery store yesterday a few blocks away and was overwhelmed with how great it was! Picked up some awesome stuff. It carried loads of great organic and off-beat items that I don’t see in many larger stores. I also needed staples – big time – for the empty cabinets at my new place. Here’s what I picked up:
- natural applesauce
- refried beans
- almond butter
- organic veggie broth
- organic tomato red pepper soup
- 3 cans of diced tomatoes
- brown rice couscous (never seen this type before)
- bulgar wheat
- 3 pack 3oz tuna
- pearl barley
- extra sharp white cheddar
- Flax & Co. flax, hemp, and chia raw blend (really excited about this)
- Oikos Greek yogurts ($.99 each!)
- Black Bean chipotle garden burgers
- Kashi Sicilian pizza (new flavor we haven’t tried yet)
- Kashi Tuscan veggie bake (haven’t tried this one – good back-up meal)
- Amy’s whole wheat macaroni and cheese (again, great back-up)
Phew, that was a tough load to carry home! I now have a bit more staples at home. I’ve had to run out to get little things for meals (like pasta), which gets kinda old. This way I’ve got a few things that I can throw meals together with – especially since I pick up CSA veggies today.
Rebuilding my kitchen staples from the bottom up makes me really think about what staples I absolutely need at home. What are some of your must-have pantry items to make almost any meal with?
Today so far…
I woke up this morning feeling 80% better. Started the day off with a shot of wheatgrass (not too bad!) and some steel cut oats with pumpkin, almond butter, and flax/hemp/chia. It was a pretty great start to the day and really woke me up with a nice warm belly.
Off to a super busy day – hope I’m ready!